Sometimes, I could just sit and watch my kid for hours and marvel at how cute I think he is. Today is one of those days...As I took my shower, he played peek-a-boo with me from behind the closet mirrors. Then he lounged like such a little man on the floor as he watched his morning dose of "Backyardigans". He played so well with the dogs outside for a little while and even wore his hat without pulling it off. And then we had lunch...
I have never seen anyone enjoy a peanut butter and jelly sandwich the way he did. He would take a square and bite off the corner before ripping it open and licking all the preserves off the piece of bread before sucking that piece to death. Of course before he licked away, he plucked off any large pieces of fruit from the preserves. Then he would move on to the piece with the peanut butter on it, and had to touch and feel the peanut butter to get a better understanding of the consistency. Then he would suck that piece too, not really biting it but definitely consuming it. And then he'd start all over again with the next square. Then when he had finished his sandwich, he looks over at me and says 'ni-ni' which translated means "night-night". He was ready for his nap.
Thank goodness for days like this. They make me value him and my choice to be a stay-at-home Mom at just the right moment when I am ready to go back to work.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
This is a really cute post. I can totally visualize his sweetness.
Your description of this day brought to my mind very vivid images. It also filled me with peace and joy that you LOVE being HIS mom. Love this stuff!
That is so awesome. Days like this are priceless. They are what keep us from dropping them off at the fire station ;)
How cuuuuuuuute! Little man :)
Post a Comment