CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, January 17, 2009

Family Outing

Today was so beautiful that Leonard and I decided it would be a great day to go down to the beach and walk around. Our beach of choice is Laguna. We went there a lot when we were dating, so it's always a favorite to return to. We decided to grab an early dinner at Hotel Laguna, the oldest hotel in the city, it opened during the 1920's. It has a beautiful terrace overlooking the ocean. We arrived just before sunset and the view was fantastic.

We were in a very centralized location in the cafe and could see all the people coming and going. As I was facing the door, I noticed a gentleman enter and look around for his party. I though...hmm, he looks familiar. Where have I seen him before? Then it dawned on me...oh yeah! Pretty Woman. Yup, you guessed it, it was Richard Gere. He joined a lady just a few tables from us, who had already ordered his beverage and food. And you know what? Everything was like...super speedy for him. In the time it took for us to order our food, and for it to arrive - he was already well into his dinner and we were there first! He was in and out of there in like 45 minutes.

I have to admit...I felt sort of sorry for him. How sad a life it must be when you can't even arrive at restaurant and look at a menu, order your food and enjoy yourself because your afraid of being noticed. He stood a few times and pointed out to the ocean, admiring his surroundings and Leonard and I had to laugh at how fascinating we found it. Anybody else and we would have been like, 'Dude sit down. Your blocking the view.'

By the way, in life - he is extremely ugly.

5 comments:

j. said...

Awesome! Richard Gere! Nice weather and celebrities. Is there anything you don't have in the CA?

P.S. I refuse to believe he's unattractive in real life. I want to keep my Hollywood illusions alive.

P.P.S. I miss Laguna. It really is one of the prettiest beaches in Orange County. Me homesick.

Lisa said...

What 'cha tryin' ta do????? Make me hate you? Just kidding. I hate you because you were in Laguna and not me. HATE is such a strong & UGLY word isn't it? I've been out of town, so I'm back and was happy to see my BLOGGIN' Buds postin' away!

I need to go to Church. Only 5 mintues until I need to leave & still in Jamies. BUT....that last line got me hysterically laughing. Good way to start church. I never thought he was cute anyways. Maybe he was standing up alot so someone would recognize him or something. What a great day. I'll catch up with ya soon! LOVE Ya.

Iris said...

Wow! Funny, I always thought if I saw him in person, he would be so handsome. Cool star catch. Snap any pics with your cell phone?

Lizzie C. said...

I tried but my cell camera is really poor quality. Everything always comes out fuzzy.

Iris said...

Well doesn't matter. He is ugly anyway :P