CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

My Big Mouth...

Me and my big mouth. It often gets me into trouble, that mouth of mine. Today, my girlfriend Jenny's husband called me. Jenny is pregnant and extremely ill. He asked if I could go over and help her out for a few hours.

As you know, this week is one action-packed week for me. It's not the best time for me to be charitable. But I go anyway. When I arrive, she is in tears, she's extremely embarrassed to have me there taking care of her, and she is very, very sick.

I cleaned her kitchen, I fed her boys lunch, and made their beds up. I fed her a few crackers and some water and kept her company. Then she tells me that her husband is leaving out of town to go to Central California for a job interview tonight and that she will be all alone. So what do I do?

Me and my big mouth commits me to going over there tomorrow morning to take care of her some more. Without thinking that I have a doctor's appointment, a hair appointment and Mommy and me tomorrow. I feel like a chump if I call her and tell her I can't go. If I cancel my Doctor's appointment and make-up my Mommy-n-Me class on Friday, I can go in the morning. But as I write this, I remembered I can't go Friday to Mom/Me because I've got to pick up Kailey from the airport, go to Irene's house and cook for Saturday's shower, plus I've got activity days at my house on Friday afternoon.

I don't know...I could skip Mom/Me tomorrow all together. I really want to help out Jenny because A) she is a good friend B.) I really don't have too many friends, I might want to try and treat the ones that I do have well. C.) She is going to be leaving soon, once her husband finds a new job, which more than likely will require them to relocate.

No matter what I decide to do...my day is going to be hectic and I won't be able to do all that I need to do or would like to do anyway. Me and my big mouth...

6 comments:

Juan and Anamaria said...

Wow! Your days sound very full!!! But they are all worthy causes! Hang in there! See you Saturday!

Lisa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lisa said...

Well...you know me! Just be honest and KEEP your appts and just go to her house in & out of sessions. At the end of the day help her get her kids to bed, etc. and voila! You did the right thing for yourself & her. It's not like shes DYING. She's just pregnant & will survive but will simply be miserable. and that's all I have to say about that!

Lisa said...

Everything will work out. You can't go wrong with service--the Lord will help you to prioritize and do the needful things. You'll figure it out :)

j. said...

Good luck getting everything done. For what it's worth, I often feel that time expands according to our needs. We always find a way to do the essentials.

Cheers!

Iris said...

Sounds like you need a calendar to take with you wherever you go, seriously :D

Things will pan out. You will do what you feel is right.

You're a really good friend Liz. No matter what you choose.