CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Making progress...

We've been taking Mommy-n-Me classes going on 3 weeks now. Finally Leo is beginning to feel comfortable around the instructors. Today, he let one instructor actually touch him and he played...still from a distance...with the other.

At least he's progressing, slowly but surely. That is one of the major reasons why I signed him up. While he is confident, and independent, he is somehow very shy. It takes him time to warm up to people he is not familiar with even with members of the family. I am hoping by exposing him to enough situations he'll become better adjusted. I figure it's gotta be like socializing a puppy...the more you do, the more they see, the better they are adjusted. Is it horrible that I compare raising puppies to raising my kid?

We are also back to dipping our spoon in food, and not really feeding our self. Boo-hoo, it must have been a fluke.

4 comments:

Lisa said...

That's great that he's getting more comfortable in front of people! I'm glad you're doing this mommy-and-me class. And as for the spoon thing--I'm convinced that every advancement that a baby makes has a regression period shortly thereafter. It's actually quite frustrating, unless I plan on it. But when it's something I don't want to regress on, like NAPPING, then it's no fun :)

Lisa said...

I can't believe it's been 3 weeks already! Time flies because it seemed like yesterday you were going back and forth on the pros & cons.

Your brother's philosophy has always been BIG on the more experiences, the better! More tools and skills to work just like your assumption. You're a good mommy.

j. said...

The puppy-kid analogy is probably more accurate than anyone wants to admit.

Good luck with the spoon skills!

Iris said...

Leo is going to become more social with time. You are already doing all you can to work on that. Just wait for time to show.