And this is what it looks like now:
I had a small catastrophe while planting my snapdragons which you can kind of see in the picture above. We had bought a flat of flowers and when we tried taking them out THEY WERE ALL STUCK TOGETHER! It was horrible, they fell out, face down, breaking a lot of their flowers in the dirt. I felt sick. If Mom had been here, she surely would have been in tears and I would be facing a fate punishable by death. I did what I could to save them (see picture below), I just hope that they survive. I'm sure they are in some major shock or something.
Also, we got a hummingbird feeder. Which I love, because I am Mom's daughter after all, and having a hummingbird feeder has always been a fond childhood memory. Next weekend we are going to be working on patio furniture. I can hardly wait. Maybe we'll finally achieve an enjoyable space for our backyard. That's if the dogs don't wreck my flowers which is a definite possibility. When I was pregnant Leonard and I would get out our lawn chairs on Sunday afternoons and just sit in the backyard once it had cooled down enough. It was so nice. I hope we can do that again.

5 comments:
WoW! That's look BEE-A-U-TEE- FUL!!! Good job. I was looking at the "before" and thinkin' I can't see anything, but then the "after" shots explained what you were talking about! NICE JOB! Can we come over now and have a picnic?
The only way we can save our plants is by putting a shock collar on the dog and markers where the planter is. The dog gets a warning beep when he gets too close to the marker; otherwise it's ZAP! Poor dog. We hear him gagging and choking.
Well, it looks like you guys are READY for some backyard enjoyment! ENJOY!!!
Your planters look great. I can't believe you did that in a day.
That looks wonderful! I love your backyard--so cute.
Hey Liz,
That looks like it took a lot of elbow grease!
Did you and Leo enjoy working together on this project? Do you think you will want to do other things to your yard?
I really think it looks warmer and more welcoming.
Great job on the backyard! I hope that the dogs will leave your flowers alone. When it came to the our backyard Toby was a pretty good dog, he chose his spot, and we (mutually) decided not to plant anything in that area, and he now leaves my other plants alone, as long as I don't plant anything on his spot! :)
Post a Comment