CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

I'm so disappointed

Can I just say how disappointed I am right now? Two months ago, Leonard and I decided to start trying for a second baby. I was a little reluctant to stop my birth control pills for a few reasons...one of which, is extremely vain.

I knew that once I went off the birth control and was no longer receiving the hormones my body needs to regulate itself, there was a good chance I would start gaining weight again. That first year when I developed PCOS I gained 50 lbs. It was extremely difficult for me to deal with and my self-esteem plummeted and honestly, it still suffers.

Well, since I've gotten off my birth control I've gained almost 10 pounds. I am so frustrated. Because I am working my butt off right now, and it's doing me absolutely no good. Granted, I did have a cupcake on Sunday, but it was a cupcake. How many calories can that be? Like 500? At the worst.

Tonight, I am going to go to the gym and run for like an hour. Arrgh.

3 comments:

Iris said...

Oh no Liz! I hate that feeling. When I was working out, I sometimes struggled with that too. I realized it was all about my diet. I wasn't eating bad, but I wasn't eating right to maintain my weight. Especially, since I am prone to weight gain. After I changed my diet to meet my weight goals and body structure, I was able to maintain my weight for 2 years or so.

I hope your weight maintenance and loss solution is as easy as a simple tweak to your diet.

My tweak was to eat more vegetables at night and less pasta, breads, rice etc...
I still ate them during the day for lunch etc..But at night for dinner, I stayed away from it. Most trainers told me it was not necessary. That I could have brown rice for example (good carbs) but that didn't work for MY body.

I am sending you positive vibes.

And if you look like you did at my baby shower, although this doesn't help much at a time like this, I gotta say vavavoom! You look great! Try not to give yourself such a hard time, but do get on it :)

*hugs*

Lisa said...

Awww, I'm so sorry. That's a hard thing. But know this--your worth is absolutely NOT in your looks. You are gorgeous always (I saw you, what, a month before you got pregnant and you were absolutely stunning!), but what rocks about you is your personality. So bring on the cupcakes! ;)

Lisa said...

There's nothing worst than bitter disappointment(s). I'm so sorry you feel so bad because every thing about you resonates BEAUTY-VITALITY-LOVE-FUN.

I'm bringing you progesterone cream. It's a transdermal lotion. A dime size drop rubbed into your skin in the morn & in the night does something wonderful for your hormones. Trust me. This stuff can't be patented because it's completely natural and it is the female hormone that is the opposite of estrogen which promotes hair growth, etc. Hope you'll try it. I always buy this stuff in bulk. It's part of my stash.

I hate that you feel so bad Lizzie. My thoughts & prayers with you always. LOoking forward to seeing you in 3 whole days!!! Can't wait! Try not to focus so much on weight but to shift your energies to the things that bring you joy! HUGS. Look in the mirror, stand in front of it then wrap both arms around yourself. I'm not kidding! Try it and tell me what happened at the shower ok? Promise me you'll try this tonight!