CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, May 3, 2010

The Auction

Yesterday, Leonard was invited through his company to an auction and wine tasting at Cal Poly Pomona. Obviously, I wasn't going to be doing any wine tasting but I could taste all the food. They had soooooooooo many vendors there and I was in HEAVEN! There was sushi restaurants, cupcakes, PF Chang's, Lucille's, Panda Inn, Roy's Hawaiian Fusion, The Melting Pot, Mimi's...so many to choose from. I was a food slut and I loved every bite of it. I had baggies in my purse in case I had to puke, which thankfully I didn't. How embarrassing would it have been to puke in front of Leonard's boss and his wife?

The funnest part of it all though, was the auction. I have never been to a true auction, with an auctioneer and everything. It was fun. It's mesmerizing watching rich people throw away their money. Man, how the other half lives...I tell ya. They also had a silent auction which we tried to bid on a fun night out, but we were past up. That's okay though, the experience was great. I can't wait for next year.

4 comments:

Iris said...

I want to hear more about the FOOD! LOL!

j. said...

Tasting fairs are the best! I'm glad you got to go; it sounds like a blast.

Lisa said...

That sounds great! I've always wanted to attend the auctions but chicken out. You sure have been busy Lizzie!!!

Lisa said...

Oh my gosh, that sounds heavenly!! I could so go for something like that right about now.