CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, February 5, 2010

The Great Space Race

Years ago, I wrote a paper entitled "The Great Space Race" I had to choose any topic and argue its irrationality. Upon some intensive Internet research, I finally stumbled across the moon-landing and all the crazy "evidence" supporting its falsehood and chose that. I got an "A" on the paper, and in the process, had great fun with the topic. Since then, I've always argued against the moon landing, and beg the question, 'why has it not been done again?'

While I enjoy taking the stance that it never happened, I know it really did. Some people, get very passionate about it, like my brother Juan for instance, and I find it just funny to ruffle the feathers.

Last night, Leonard went to some aerospace award banquet. The guests of honor were Captain Sully, the miracle pilot from the Hudson River landing and none other than Neil Armstrong...from the moon landing. Well, Leonard being Leonard not having a shy bone in his body takes it upon himself to walk up, introduce himself to Mr. Armstrong, shake his hand and say, 'Mr. Armstrong, my wife doesn't believe you actually landed on the moon how do you suggest I set her straight?'

I died.

Mr. Armstrong simply replied, 'I get that a lot, you tell your wife, I was there'.

I continue to die to this very moment. When Leonard informed me of his conversation, I was in total disbelief. I said, 'You know I think that's all a joke right? I know that they really landed on the moon!' He said, 'No. I thought you were serious this whole time.'

Oh, how embarrassing. One of the modern world's greatest achievers and he has to think I am some ignorant schmuck.

6 comments:

j. said...

Hilarious! I can't believe he said that. Leonard's awesome.

And I'm sure Mr. Armstrong didn't mind it one bit. It probably livened up his night!

Lisa said...

That is an amazing story on all accounts. Leonard is really a funny guy and I could totally invision your reaction. Great Post and Pic!

Daniel said...

HAHA, that'S one more reason I think Leonard is great!

Juan and Anamaria said...

See, this is what you get for messing and not listening to your big brother!
Leonard is awesome!!!! :)

Lisa said...

Hahahaha, that is way too funny!! That's why we love Leonard :)

Iris said...

I can see a look of lie on Neil's face ;)