At the start of the year, LL began Sunbeams, which is the first class in my church's Sunday School program. It's like starting kindergarten basically at church, it's all very exciting. So the first Sunday of the month, we go to the "registration" type thing they had set up before primary started to organize the classes and we find LL was not on the roll. Somehow, his information had not transferred with mine when we moved. So I speak with one of the counselors, get him settled, and tell them his name (twice) because it's still difficult to understand LL when he tells you. I leave, go to my own classes and return at the end of the day to pick him up from his classroom.
On another note, LL recently has taken to pretending he is one of a variety of superheros. He LOVES superheros right now. So on any given day, he can be anybody...Superman, Batman, Iron Man. He's like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get. Well that particular Sunday morning, he was Superman, and I was asked to call him as such.
So at the close of church when I arrive to pick him up, I call for Superman at the door. I ask the teacher how his first day went and she tells me he did great, then she asks me his name. I tell her, and she says 'Oh, because nobody knew his name, we kept asking him and all he kept saying was his name was Superman.' All day my kid had his primary teacher and leaders call him Superman...all through opening exercises, singing time, and class. Hahaha. I love it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
That is the best thing EVAR! XD
LOL! What a character he is! I love that he pretends. It's such a good indication of his abilities & such! I actually thought you were going to say he ignored you because after he learned he was a SUNBEAM, he was no longer SUPERMAN! Hahaha...well so glad he LOVES Church! Can't ask for more. What's more, this will be the year he gets to participate in the Primary Program! I'd love to attend that Mtg. if possible!
That's super adorable. I love a kid with imagination.
P.S. Congrats on the move to Sunbeams!
You should've said, "His name is Leo, but we call him Superman." I LOVE THAT!!!
Post a Comment