Tonight, The Hulk came over for dinner. I will gladly host him any night of the week. Why? Because he eats his dinner.
LL has become such a finicky eater that even my "old reliables" aren't even working half the time anymore. He used to love apples, bananas, rice and beans, tortillas, of course yogurt, and chicken. Chicken nuggets used to attract full second servings. But generally, he was an OK eater. He would always eat at least half of his meal.
These days however, he won't touch apples, even when I put peanut butter on them. He'll eat maybe 3 bites of a banana, if I make rice and beans, he'll eat just the rice but leave the beans. Even still, I have to put sour cream in his rice now for him to dive in. He won't be bothered with sandwiches, forget about putting a chicken nugget in front of him (if they're homemade that is) unless it comes from Carl's Jr. He'll eat pizza, crackers and of course lollipops...junk. He does like pupusas, and will eat maybe a half of one, but those are bought at a nearby restaurant and I just don't want him eating out so much. He does like cold cereal and will eat a full bowl in the morning, but if I make him eggs for breakfast he simply says, "no gracias, mommy". Cold cereal is fine to eat but if it's one of his sole sources of nutrition, I've got a problem with it.
Recently, on our trip to Utah, Aunt Peggy was helping LL with his sandwich in the back seat and I noticed her success when she invited him to take dinosaur bites. I implored the same tactics tonight. LL was pretending he was The Hulk so I asked The Hulk to take a few bites and show how big they were. He ate! He ate chicken, rice, Lima beans, corn and sweet potato's! I am thrilled. He ate a nutritious dinner! I'm so relieved, and I'm looking forward to using more of this technique.
Thanks Aunt Peggy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
That's a really awesome idea. I'm glad it's working.
And how cute is that "no gracias, mommy"? I love the things that come out of that kid's mouth.
This was a great idea! I used this same technique with my almost 3 year old niece. I told her she was a princess and we had to eat magical plantitas (celery sticks with peanut butter and raisins) She took a bite and slurped the pb and raisins LOL! Kids are so funny. I am so in love with LL's antics :D
If you have seen Big Daddy - Adam Sandler invites Scuba Sam over to convince his kid to study and take more baths... So with this in mind, I was picturing Leonard dressing up like the Hulk to show LL how to eat. This is just as cute, and probably more practical haha!
That is so cute! Great idea to make him eat! :)
I'm glad you found something! Jonathan goes through weird eating phases sometimes, too. Luckily, they say that kids their age sometimes seem to live off of air. I'll have to keep Peggy's tactics on hand :)
WEll...I thought the HULK was a friend & was picturing a HUGE person eating you out of your house!
You're such a MOM! Enjoyed this post alot!
Post a Comment