Anybody who knows me, knows that I love food. Some people eat to live, I, on the other hand, live to eat. If we have dinner plans to go out to a restaurant, I will often dream about what I'm going to order. I'll go as far as looking up their menu's online, planning everything out. It's not limited to eating out though, I love to cook and often take just as much pleasure out of planning our meals. I make the routine, easy stuff on the weekdays, and pull out my cookbooks and try something fun on the weekends usually.
But eating when your pregnant, takes food to a whole other level of euphoria. I love it 10x more and can often feel as though I'm sinning with all the pleasure I can get out of a fajita or sandwich or whatever it is I just so happen to be having a love affair with at the moment.
Yesterday was Father's Day and it was pure heaven. There was so much food. I gained 1.5 lbs. this morning when I got on the scale but I enjoyed every second of it. I'll be barefoot and pregnant as long as I get to be fat and happy too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
I know what you mean in every way! Did you cook or did the inlaws? Next time post what was on the table! Yesterday Daniel made that awesome homebread. The smell was killing me. Then later on Gerardo made a great speghetti sauce & Ben brought home some weird, but delicious bread to go with the entree. So good as I thought we were going to starve on Father's Day. I didn't have to lift a finger either which I was very, very happy about. LOVE YOU!
BOY do I know how you feel. I remember how good everything tasted when I was pregnant! MMM MMM! It is def not the same anymore and I have to be honest and say, I sure do miss that part of being pregnant! You are so cute preggo :)
Ha! I love this. And I'm glad there are at least some positive aspects of being pregnant (in addition to the whole you'll-have-a-baby-in-nine-months, thing).
Mmmm, you're making this preggo hungry just thinking about food. I actually get annoyed with eating in the first trimester, since I have to eat so much and it makes me sick, but after that I can enjoy some more. But seriously, you wouldn't BELIEVE how much I eat right now. I can hardly believe it. Let's just hope Aaron comes soon or my butt will be the size of Tokyo.
Lizzie, you make me laugh! I too enjoyed pregnancy and food, once I could eat! Your Father's Day food must of been delicious! Yum! Next time, tell us what you ate! :)
Post a Comment