CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, March 6, 2010

It's a bird, it's a plane...

It's Leo!

Today we had a special family day. We booked a date on the calendar in which we scheduled absolutely nothing, other than just spending time with our little family. We went for breakfast and then went to Chino's Air Museum. It has an airplane graveyard and what they call their "Planes of Fame". They have quite a few military fighter planes from WWI, WWII, Korea and tanks from WWII. I'm not an aviation nut or even an enthusiast, but I had a ton of fun.

There were lots of old vets hanging out, all wearing their hats stating the war they served in and everyone was very friendly. They had one of their pilots fly a plane from the '40s as a demonstration. I found myself fascinated.

Needless to say, my little man, who is all boy through and through LOVED it. We got him this little air filled airplane he's been playing with all afternoon. He's already begun asking to return and now he has Daddy "flying" him around the house as he is now the "avion" (airplane).
I think it is safe to say, today was a hit. We're going to plan on attending the air show in May...maybe we'll invite Uncle Gerardo, a major aviation enthusiast and Little Leo's Papi, who is a Vietnam Vet.

4 comments:

Iris said...

Hahahahaha! what a cute avion :) You are such a fun family, planning stuff like this. I think he would really enjoy Travel Town in Los Angeles. :)

Lisa said...

Good for you guys! Uncle G would LOVE it and I didn't know Loe's dad was a Vietnam vet. I'd like to hear his stories on that era.

Dave said, "Watz Up?!!" He just walked in and wanted to know what's going with you. He loves you.

He would probably like taking the Metro link to LA. They have a nice hands on museum there (walking distance from the train station.)

Lisa said...

How fun!! What a perfect thing for a little boy :)

j. said...

That sounds awesome. I'd like to go to the airshow if it's in the latter part of May. (I'm flying into Ontario on May 20.)