CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Rain, Rain, Go Away

It has been raining cats and dogs the last two days. It really isn't that big of a deal, we need the rain. Today, we left the gym and the clouds hovered overhead threatening gloomily...but we still had time. We ran into the market to pick up some parsley for tonight's dinner. Five minutes later we exited the market to a complete down pour. Leo jumped in every puddle on our way to the car. He was soaking through and through by the time we reached the car.
We ate our lunch, and he played a little bit before it was time for a nap. Just as it was time to go down, it began to thunder and lightening. The Ontario Airport is about 4 miles away, we constantly have airplanes flying over us that are low which apparently sound like thunder. When the first flash of lightening lit up the room, I thought, "uh-oh, I hope he doesn't get scared". The thunder followed with crash and I held my breath. I was afraid he would be too frightened to sleep. Nope! He just said, "Mom, avion" (which in English means, 'Mom, airplane')
I agreed and that was answer enough for him, and he slept through quite the storm. Thank goodness.

4 comments:

j. said...

It's awesome that he's able to relate the sound of thunder to something he already knows.

Meantime, I'm a grown up and the big thunderstorms we get on the East Coast are still scary for me.

Lisa said...

I love that he's so comfortable. He's a little champ ya know? Next time when the opportunity comes you ought to let him see the light show and count until the thunder hits. a little science lesson.

Lisa said...

What a cutie :) I hope you guys are doing okay--I heard it was pretty crazy out there.

Juan and Anamaria said...

He is brave little boy! :)