Throughout the day, I randomly repeat the alphabet and count numbers up to 10 hoping that something will sink in to that beautiful little sponge I call Little Leo. As we sit in the doctor's office, we count chairs. When we are walking the dogs, we sing the alphabet. We count trucks on the freeway or as we climb the stairs. Repetition, repetition, repetition.
Half the time, I don't think he is even paying attention. Then, today, as the Doctor was trying to get him to repeat "See you later" she was saying "you" waiting for a response, and Leo says "T". So he had it backward, I was still so happy and proud and ever so encouraging!
Then, as if to reinforce the message that he hears me, when we climbed the stairs on our way to nap time, he counted the steps BY HIMSELF up to 10, only mixing up the number 8! So half the numbers were in Spanish and half were in English...I couldn't have cared less - they were in the right order at least.
So, today, if nothing else I learned that my efforts are not wasted, he is listening and learning and repetition is the name of the game.

6 comments:
He is a smart little boy! He does hear you, even when you think he does not! :)
You are awesome! I need to do stuff like that more. Go Little Leo!
That's Incredible! Good Work.
*Taking notes*
You're a good mom!
^__^
That's really cool. Congrats!
You're getting it too! Hahaha.
Here's a tip for when he goes to Sunbeams next year. The reason why we NEVER had to whisper in our kid's ear to give a talk was because Gerardo told some biblical story & then had the kid tell him what they remembered about the story. They did that a couple of times and then he asked them "...and what can we learn from this story?" They told him and so that was their talk.
They gave a biblical story and then explained what it means to us. Really simple & it worked with ALL of our kids. I'm not kidding when I tell you we NEVER had to whisper in their ears. I can't take the credit cuz I never helped them prepare talks. I was too scared myself! hahaha. That tells you what kid of mom I was. A big chicken.
Post a Comment