I have a large network of helpers. I've got my Mom, my In-laws, my sisters, my SILs, and my nieces all available to babysit. Someone recently asked me how I hire babysitters...I had to laugh because I don't hire "babysitters". Not in the sense they mean anyway. Yeah, I hire my nieces but I still am blessed to be able to leave him with family and I have never had to look outside of that to a service of any kind to take care of Leo whenever I can't. However, on the flip side, I also know that if I had to look outside of my family I have a great network of friends that I could call and feel comfortable leaving my child with them. People with like standards and beliefs and home situations.
Currently, my SIL and I are kid swapping. I drop Leo off on Tuesday mornings at her house, then I bring my nephew back with me while she works in my niece's class. She then comes and picks him up from my house when she's done. It's nice, I get to workout or do whatever I want while knowing my son is having a great time with his Aunt and cousin and in return she gets the same thing.

4 comments:
That's pretty awesome. I'm glad you're surrounded by amazing people. A good support network really does make all the difference.
You are right Liz. It's really beneficial that you look at things this way. You are very blessed!
That is really cool. I wish I could see better & live closer so I could be that SIL! : )
Anyhow...you & all your siblings are that network for me and it is indeed a BLESSED GIFT from Heaven. Your mom... She's truly the BEST!
That's so nice. We are lucky to have my parents. And the fact that they're IN MY HOUSE helps too! I can put Jonathan to bed--in his crib--and then John and I can go out, and it's not inconveniencing anyone. It rocks.
Post a Comment