Everyday I am still amazed at how you can love someone so much. It really all makes sense though, because before Leonard, I had my nieces and nephews. They for 25 years before him, were my life and so often, I see them in my own son. I see them in his mannerisms, I see them in the faces he makes, I see them when I see pictures of him. It is from my nieces and nephews that I learned how to love someone besides myself and to love someone so unconditionally.
They are the ones who have prepared me for my calling in life. So on this day, when I thank my Father in Heaven for my son, I also thank Him for each one of them too. I thank the Lord for my husband, my partner on this beautiful journey. For it is a beautiful journey.
At this, his second birthday...Leonard is fearless. Leonard is brave. Leonard is stubborn. Leonard is loving. Leonard is smart. Leonard is learning 2 languages. Leonard is speaking in 2 languages. Leonard is the center of our lives.
Happy 2nd Birthday son, I love you.

5 comments:
This is the most beautiful post. (Talk about turning on my waterworks.)
I'm so happy for you, Liz. You deserve every bit of joy that comes your way.
I'm glad you guys had a nice birthday. He really is an amazing kid, no doubt because he has amazing parents.
Lots of love.
Happy birthday, little Leo!!! You have been blessed with two beautiful parents that adore you and you are very lucky little boy!:) We love you and are so blessed to have you as part of our family! Happy 2nd birthday! :)
Happy Happy Birthday Leonard Dear....!
WOW....Look at that big balloon!!! He's so CUTE. I loved your tribute to your son and am awestruck by the incredible life you lead. It's most wonderful indeed.
Congrats Liz, you are one great mom.
and I second J's comment, but anything sentimental, ESPECIALLY concerning the little ones gets me sobbing these days.
Can't wait to see you guys again!
Happy Birthday, Little Leo!! 2 whole years, what a big kid! I know what you mean, motherhood changes you forever. What a touching tribute to your son :)
Post a Comment