CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, January 27, 2012

LL's Yellow Belt

LL began taking Tae Kwon Do in late August.  Just recently, he had his first belt test. I was so nervous, and even spoke with my husband that I thought it was a bad idea.  I didn't think he was ready.  I watch him at his lessons, he is a total space case.  He is constantly in La-La-Land, rarely pays attention, and is often told more than once to do something.  I haven't minded too much because of his age, I mean, what can you really expect of a 4 yr-old?  However, my husband firmly went ahead, and signed him up for his test.  I was a wreck.  I was so worried how it would affect my little guy to go in there and undoubtedly fail.

The day of his exam, my husband took him to his test.  Upon arrival, he realized my concern when he saw a stack of wood lined up against the wall and realized, our 4 yr-old was going to have to break it.  I was at home waiting and worrying sick about my boy, wondering how sad would he be.  I knew he would come home crying for sure.  LL has this competitive factor about him.  HE CANNOT LOSE...AT ANYTHING.  If the Master failed him, it would crush him. 

My husband finally called 2 hours later, and when I asked how did it go, all he said was, "We'll talk about it later".  I almost started to cry.  I literally felt sick from the nerves in my stomach as I waited for them to make the short 5 minute drive home. Well, imagine my surprise when an ecstatic boy comes running into the house holding a trophy!  He passed his test, and he broke his board on the 2nd kick.  The best in his group, by some margin.  Relief washed through me as I jumped for joy (literally) and hugged my sweet little man tight. 

Yesterday was his belt ceremony.  He received a certificate, they ceremoniously folded his white belt, and then placed his new, yellow belt on his waist.  I was thrilled to be there to watch him.  I am so proud of him. 

As he has his white belt folded away
As the Master places his new belt on him


With his Certificate and NEW BELT

Here, him and his buddy pour over his certificate
LL, I love you

4 comments:

Lisa said...

LOL! You had me scared & crying at the beginning! I like the FIRM DAD approach! FAITH in HIS SON. : )
BTW: I'm so glad you post a summary under the pics because it helps me to look for what I'm looking for in the pic.

I had to ask Daniel what Luke was doing with his throw up bowl the other day! LOLOLOL!!!!! I love these updates. It helps me to feel connected to you guys & I can get a sense of their wonderful personalities & watch 'em grow up! I LOVE BLOGS! maybe I'll make that my next post! LOL

K. Baez said...

Now you know why he was such a space case... He's just leagues ahead of the others and doesn't want to make them look bad. Haha! Good job LL!

Erin Brady said...

Aww ... Congratulations LL! What an exciting milestone for him! He is pretty darn cute in his Tae Kwon Do uniform =)

Iris said...

This is super awesome! I love this and I have been right here with you feeling like good things I do for Eddie are wrong, when they are right. This TKD is gonna teach him so many good things and I think it's perfect for him. You're such a good mom :)