My niece recently moved to Seattle for work. She came to stay with us over the summer while she was studying to write the bar exam. We loved having her and when she invited me to come up for a visit to help her get settled in, I jumped at the chance.
I flew into town on Friday night and came home Sunday. It was a short trip but SO much fun. I got to see my nephew who is living with her whom I haven't seen in about 3 years. It was great catching up with him. He is studying to be a chef and it was exciting (and also a bit intimidating) to be in the kitchen with him.
Both my niece and nephew are foodies, so we had lots of great food, and I ate until I was stuffed. We had these amazing burgers that were so huge we had to eat them in pieces. They live in the heart of downtown and it was fun to experience their urban lifestyle.
Our goal for my visit was to furnish her apartment. We got a big portion of it done, but of course there is always more to do. I loved the city and visiting with them. I plan to go back as soon as I can, hopefully next summer. Just next time, I think I"ll bring my husband and kids.
This was the first time I really left the kids other than a 24 hour turnaround trip we made to Vegas, and I MISSED my family. I know it sounds silly but I did. I missed the baby most. He was sick when I left, so while I was having a blast, I was constantly worrying in the back of my mind.
All in all though, it was such an awesome trip!!!!! I had a blast.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Jealous. Pure Jealous. I am glad that you had fun.
OMG you are so brave for leaving! I would have caved. But it's something that all moms need once in a while, so I am glad that you did it. Hope Lucas is better now.
I'm thrilled you visited! Jacki said it was a GREAT VISIT & I personally LOVED the fact that you & Ben spent alot of time together! Isn't he fun? The few months leading up to his departure, we did some things together & I absolutely love being with him! HOpe L2 is doing good by now. Isn't Fall the BEST?
Post a Comment