CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, May 19, 2011

For the record let me just restate that I HATE poop

Most people wake up to alarm clocks, in my case, I usually awake to happy "Good morning Mommy's" or huge baby grins and giggles. Today, however, I was awoken especially early with cries from LL's bedroom. He had pooped in his bed and in his sleep (I didn't even know that was possible) and got his poop EVERYWHERE. It was so gross. We're talking on the walls, on his quilt, and blankets, his headboard, nightstand....all the places he touched trying to get it off of him.
So as LL gagged and cried, I desperately prayed for him not to throw up on top of all this grossness and I could hear my husband gagging at just the thought of the disaster I was dealing with down the hall. Men are such babies, it's no wonder they aren't women. Anyway, that of course woke the baby up. So in the middle of cleaning poop off of everything, I had to stop and make a bottle, tell Leonard to calm the baby as I was currently otherwise occupied. I never got to go back to sleep. LL was wide awake by then, I was starting the laundry, and big L decided he would just go to work. Lucky for him.
Some day my kids will be teenagers and I'll never have to wipe another butt clean again (at least until my husband enters convalescence) and I will never be happier.

3 comments:

Iris said...

I was just going to come to your blog to ask where you are!

Aww man! I am still changing diapers on this side. I have no idea what is going to happen when I have to potty train. Well, I guess reading this blog, I have some idea :(

I am sorry Liz.

On a lighter note, this part made me giggle in real life: "Men are such babies, it's no wonder they aren't women." You are so funny...

Lisa said...

I know that this is from a while ago--so glad that he's doing so well now!--but just know that I feel your pain. Jonathan hates getting poopy diapers changed, so if he has pooped, he'll suddenly play quietly by himself and stay away from us because he knows if we have to come and discipline him or anything, he'll get a diaper change.

Well, this means that if he's in his room playing (supposed to be napping) and he suddenly poops, he'll just crawl into bed and sleep, because sleeping is better than a diaper change. And then he'll just keep sleeping, and keep sleeping. One day--I probably wrote about it on facebook before I realized WHY he slept that long--He went down at 2:30pm for a nap and didn't want up until 8:30am the next day. I go in there to find dried poop EVERYWHERE--walls, sheets, carpet. It was absolutely awful. Good MORNING!!

Lisa said...

Your honesty is sober & hilarious at the same time. Go figure. I especially loved the part about the convalescent hospital. LOL