CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, August 20, 2010

Who knew?

Since I started with the severe TV restrictions, and iPhone restrictions, we have seen immense changes. One thing I've noticed however, is that the iPhone is a much more effective tool when it comes to potty training than anything I've encountered or used before. The simple threat of "No phone if you poo poo your pants" has worked wonders.

Since instating this rule we have had one semi-accident. I found skid marks in his underwear but no actual bombs, so I restricted the phone again, and he got the message LOUD AND CLEAR. We haven't had a mishap since. I realize it's premature to say it's been a complete success, one thing I've learned with potty training is that whenever I think I'm almost there...I'm not. We've been at it 6 months and I realize it was just too early. I should have listened to the pediatrician and all the mom's around me who kept saying it was awfully early to train. While potty training him to do number 1 was a cake walk compared to the trials and set backs we've experienced with number 2, he just wasn't entirely ready.

Anyway a girlfriend suggested getting him a toy that he really likes to use as leverage, and I knew I didn't have to do that, my iPhone was leverage enough. So far it has been working well. When I first got my iPhone, Jacki (my niece) made a comment that her iPhone could everything for her but bring her breakfast in bed, but who knew the extent of its capabilities?

3 comments:

Lizzie C. said...

I jinxed it.

j. said...

Hahaha. Poor Lizzie.

Hang in there. This was a super smart idea (who can resist iPhone time?). One little setback does not a defeat make.

Iris said...

GAH! I hate it when that happens. Well, time to find another toy! Oh boy...I never laugh at your blogs. They are my total future O__O