This weekend we went up to San Jose to gather in celebration for Nathan's graduation. Leonard was out of town on business last week, so my Mom and I drove up on Tuesday. Irene and her family arrived on Thursday. Together the 4 of us cooked, cleaned, and prepped for the party.
Anita was so worried that we weren't having a good time, but I was having a blast. I don't often get to spend so much time with my sisters and my Mom all together at the same time. It was very nostalgic for me, and reminded me so much of our youth. I had such a great time, and rekindled such fond memories.
Years ago, spending so much time with my family would have been punishment. I would have had to think of something to sneak away for even just a moment. I am pleased how much I cherish these times now. I really do enjoy my family and value our association; I can hardly wait for our BIG family gathering in July! That one's going to be loads of fun...all the family will be there for that one.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
It will truly be a great time to see the entire family. I can't wait for all the fun with all the grandkids running around.
Ouch! We might not be there in July. I know Jacki leaves for the study abroad program 7/10. G's crewing for his friend in Washington State for 2 weeks. Oh....sad.
As for Anita...we had a GREAT time! Granted I think everyone was tired from a hectic week, but we TREASURED our time spent with ya'll.
It was interesting to read your thoughts on a time where gatherings were torture. That's actually pretty funny,
I wish I would have spent more time talking to your husband, he's so warm you know? Everytime I see him I want to get him to take me to the swap meet to get a drink. The Fruity ICEE kind. He had one in his hand the first time I met him & I was soooo in envy of him cuz he was drinking it and loving it. I know...my obsession with caloric intake!
Did any of us take pics at all? I know we forgot. It was great to see you Lizzie!
I remember not wanting to spend time with my family either. It's great to do it though, isn't it? How is little Leo in these road trips now? Is he a good boy? I am glad to read you had fun!!!!!
No other Lisa in July?? Sad day.
I am really excited for July too--it'll be crazy and fun :)
I'm so looking forward to having the family over and seeing everyone! It will be fun! Sorry that Lisa and Gerardo cannot come, we will miss them, but I know that they will be here in spirit! :)
Leo has gotten so much better about road trips. We stop often, run around, and around 3 hours into the drive, I'll put on a video for him.
What? San Jose. You where so close. I hope you can came to see us next time. We miss you.
Who's Jenny? And...it's been over a week since you're last post! I'm keeping tabs on you-you know.
Post a Comment